Billet Timing Pointer



So I am getting ready to take the Cobra motor to the dyno and I just was not happy with the timing pointer. The billet pointer that goes in the regular spot on the right side of the motor is just difficult to see at best because it is covered up by the water pump. Since timing is so critical I decided to make another pointer that goes on the left of the engine which is completely wide open. This will make the job much easier for Joe who is doing the dyno setup for me. Not to mention it will save some money because at $100 an hour I don't want him hunting around and fighting to get the timing right. I just cut this out of a piece of aluminum angle and cut it to a point. After some filing and some polishing it looks pretty good. There already was a boss on the timing chain cover, all I had to do was drill and tap it. Always something to do right up to the last minute.

0 Comments: