427 Cobra Engine


This is a 351W 408 stroker going into my 427 Cobra. I am almost ready to take it to the dyno. I just have some more electrical and vacuum line work to do and it's ready to run. When I set out to build it I targeted a minimum of 500 HP but I think it will get at least 550. I started with a basic 351W block and bored it 0.030". It has a forged crank with a custom girdle, H beam rods and SRP pistons. After cc'ing the Racing Head Service heads the compression will be 9.6:1 which will allow it to run on regular pump gas. The intake manifold is a stock Edelbrock dual quad dual plane manifold I modified for fuel injection. I am using the Accel Gen 7 EFI package including two 1050 CFM throttle bodies. Comp Cams custom ground a cam for me that will make it idle around 800 RPM with a wicked slope. It is right on the edge of being a streetable motor that will make this Cobra a rocket. The blue is powder coating and all the hardware is polished stainless. I spared no expense with the price tag for parts topping out just over $15,000. If this were built for someone it would easily be a $60,000 motor because of all the custom parts and painstaking detail. I should have a final build and dyno video posted with a couple of weeks.....stop by my YouTube channel and check it out. 

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

This engine seems like it will be a dominator.